Flights to Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is the international airport hub of the Caribbean, offering the most flights to and from major cities in the United States, international destinations and connections to other islands in the Caribbean. There are two international airports: Luis Munoz Marin, commonly known as San Juan International Airport (SJU) located on the munipality of Carolina on the northeast of the island, and Rafael Hernandez Airport located in the municipality of Aguadilla on the west coast of the island.
You may be eager to book your flights to Puerto Rico, before you do, please take a few minutes to read our airport guide so you can make the most informed decision. A little more research may save you money on your flights and you may end up deciding to choose another vacation destination within island that best suits your travel needs. We have spoken to thousand of travelers who have been to Puerto Rico, most start on our beautiful Capital of San Juan, but after driving around, many find that there are other tourist towns they would have loved to visit.
Puerto Rico offers many daily flights year round from many major cities in the United States, and many international flights. Flight rates vary greatly depending on the travel season, the day of the week you’re traveling, time of the day and length of stay.
Full Puerto Rico Airport Guide below… but if you wish to start your flights search…
Puerto Rico International Airports
- Airport Name: Luis Munoz Marin
- San Juan Airport Code: SJU
- Location: Commonly called San Juan Airport, most people think it is located in San Juan, the location is actually in the the district of Isla Verde, part of the municipality of Carolina, just minutes east of San Juan.
- Tel: Carolina Tourism Center / 787-721-2400 x 5216, 5217, 5218 & 5219 / 787-791-1014; Airport Manager / 787-289-7240
- Commercial Airlines: All Major Airlines & Private Flights & Charters
Offering the most flights, located on the northeast side of the island in the town of Carolina, Puerto Rico. More about Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU)
- Airport Name: Rafael Hernández Airport
- Aguadilla Airport Code: BQN
- Tel: 787-890-6075
- Commercial Airlines: Jet Blue; National Airlines; Spirit Airlines; United Airlines; Private Flights & Charters
For those wanting to spend their vacation on the west coast of the island you can fly into the Aguadilla airport with daily flights. Even if you are not staying in the west coast, at times there are some really cheap flights deals, so it may be worth checking into, if you’re on a budget. Two great benefits of flying into the Aguadilla Airport are the short lines and quick check in process. More about Aguadilla Airport.
Vieques & Culebra Airports
If you’re heading to the offshore island of Vieques, there are daily flights to the Vieques airport from Luis Muñoz Marin in San Juan (SJU), the Isla Grande Airport(SIG) and the new nearby airport in Ceiba, PR (RVR).
- Airport Name: Antonio Rivera Rodríguez
- Vieques Airport Code: Code VQS
- Tel: 787-741-0515
- Commercial Airlines: Air America; Air Flamenco; Air Margarita; Air Sunshine; Cape Air; MN Aviation; Vieques Air Link
- Airport Name: Benjamín Rivera Noriega
- Culebra Airport Code: CPX
- Tel: 787-742-0022
- Commercial Airlines: Air America; Air Flamenco; Air Margarita;Cape Air; MN Aviation; Vieques Air Link
Puerto Rico Regional Airports
- Airport Name: Mercedita Airport
- Ponce Airport Code: PSE
- Tel: 787-842-6292 / 787-729-8715 x 5100
- Commercial Flights: Jet Blue; Charters; Private Flights
If you’re planning on spending your vacation on the south region you may want to fly into the Ponce airport. Many locals fly into Ponce and budget savvy travelers may want to check rates, at times Jet Blue gives some really great deals.
- Name: Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport
- Isla Grande Airport Code: SIG
- Tel: 787-729-8715 x 3330, 3331, 3332
- Commercial Flights: Air Flamenco; Vieques Air Link; Private Flights
Located right near the popular destinations of Condado, Old San Juanand the Puerto Rico Convention Center you can head over to the Isla Grande Airport and catch a flight to the offshore islands of Vieques & Culebra. More about Isla Grande Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Airport Name: Jose Aponte de la Torre Airport
- Ceiba Airport Code: RVR
- Tel: 787-729-8715 x 5202, 5201
- Commercial Airlines: Air Flamenco; MN Aviation; Vieques Air Link; Private Flights & Charters
The Airport offers very low fares to the offshore islands of Vieques and Culebra. There are also daily flights to some of the US Virgin Islands. The Ceiba Airport is located on 124 acres of the Former Roosevelt Roads Naval Base in the municipality of Ceiba, Puerto Rico. More about the Ceiba Airport.
- Airport Name: Eugenio María de Hostos Airport
- Mayaguez Airport Code: MAZ
- Tel: 787-832-3390
- Commercial Airlines: Cape Air; Private Flights
- Airport Name: Antonio Juarbe Pol Airport
- Arecibo Airport Code: ABO
- Tel: 787-881-2072
- Commercial Airlines: Private Flights
- Airport Name: Humacao Regional Airport
- Humacao Airport Code: X63
- Tel: 787-852-8188
- Airlines: Private Flights
Map of Airports in Puerto Rico, Vieques & Culebra
Keep Exploring Puerto Rico
About Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico ⎜ Isla Verde Puerto Rico ⎜ Culebra, Puerto Rico ⎜ Vieques, Puerto Rico ⎜ Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico ⎜ Dorado, Puerto Rico ⎜ Fajardo, Puerto Rico ⎜ Guanica, Puerto Rico ⎜ Isabela, Puerto Rico ⎜ Lajas, Puerto Rico ⎜ Mayaguez, Puerto Rico ⎜ Ponce, Puerto Rico ⎜ Rio Grande, Puerto Rico ⎜ Rincon Puerto Rico