Sun, Sand & Sea Turtles
The waters are calm, the scenery is beautifully rugged with naturally landscaped shores and views of Cayo Luis Peña protecting the bay right across the turquoise waters.
Without much effort you may find yourself gliding along beautiful sea turtles, manta rays, and exploring coral reefs with an abundant sea life. Even if you’re in Culebra for a day, a few hours at Tamarindo will make your trip truly special.
Snorkeling & Kayaking Tours at Playa Tamarindo
The waters at Tamarindo are calm since they’re protected by Cayo Luis Peña, making it a popular beach Tamarindo Beach for kayaking and snorkeling. The calm waters make it easy for beginners and families with children to kayak. There are various friendly tour operators in Culebra, ready to show you the best of Tamarindo Beach with the added safety of professional staff ready to assist you with your needs. You can enjoy a combination tour of kayaking and snorkeling with turtles in the morning and have plenty of time to enjoy Flamenco Beach if you’re in Culebra for a day (we advise that you stay at least for 3 days).
The shore is unique along Tamarindo Beach, the sand is a mix of light golden sand, some spots white and wide paths of pebbles and coral stone pushed ashore from the sea. The pebbles are smooth colored from deep black, hunter green to snowy white. Playa Tamarindo extends for about a mile, it is a wonderful walk in a perfectly natural setting free of development or distractions in sight.
Playa Tamarindo offers many shaded spots perfect for setting up your lounge chairs, focus on the magical beauty surrounding you and letting your cares fade away.
Need to Know
- You must bring everything you’ll need while at the beach, there are no facilities or food vendors in the area.
- There are no lifeguards on site, swim at your own risk, never go swimming or snorkeling alone.
- If you have children, keep an eye on them when going into the water, the edge of the water is made up of rocks, coral and then it drops off quite quickly to about 4-6 feet deep.
- There are plenty of spaces to park. Please do not park your golf cart or car on the sand.
- Tamarindo beach is a safe haven for sea turtles, please protect them during your visit.
- Do not touch or feed them.
- Give sea turtles space.
- Don’t leave trash on the beach or water.
Map of Playa Tamarindo (Tamarindo Beach)Culebra, Puerto Rico
Tamarindo is located on Road 251, as you drive down and begin to see the Flamenco Lagoon in the distance, you’ll get to a curve with a tree dividing the road, and a beautiful hacienda style two story home on the left, make a left on the road leading uphill. Public transportation will take you to Tamarindo if you didn’t rent a car.