Quick Facts – Isla Verde, Puerto Rico
Quick Facts - Isla Verde
- Location: Isla Verde is located on the north coast of Puerto Rico. Most people think of Isla Verde being in the capital city of San Juan; Isla Verde is actually a district of the municipality of Carolina.
- Isla Verde is home to Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport (SJU).
- Isla Verde is a popular tourist district in the metro area with a beachfront resort community.
- Tourism Information Office: Luis Muñoz Marin Airport Tel: 787-791-1014
Isla Verde at a Glance
- What we love about Isla Verde: Destination just minutes from the San Juan Airport so you don’t waste any precious vacation time. Isla Verde beach is a vibrant place, a district in the municipality of Carolina with a beach metro style yet relaxed. Isla Verde has some of the most popular beachfront resorts in Puerto Rico from luxurious to budget friendly, with popular lounges, nightclubs and casinos. Visitors can enjoy a variety of water sports and plenty of dining options.
- Can’t miss attractions: The beaches of course!! Alambique is a favorite among locals and visitors, with restaurants along the water, beach rentals and water sports. Historic Old San Juan is just 15 minutes from Isla Verde. Visitors can arrange many day trips to major attractions and interesting places on the north and east coast such as the rainforest, bioluminescent bay in Fajardo, day trip to Icacos Cay and much more.
- Best Things to Do in Isla Verde: Relax at the beach, have fun with water sports, if you’re a foodie you’ll find plenty of options, go surfing / take surfing lessons, go paddle boarding, cycle through nearby coastal and forest trail next door in Loiza, try your luck at the elegant casinos. Go shopping to Mall of San Juan, Plaza Las Americas and luxury shops in Condado. Other activities include parasailing, banana boats, jet skiing, scuba diving, and more..
More detailed visitor’s guide and map below.
Hotels, Resorts – Isla Verde, Puerto Rico
From small inns to famous luxury hotel brands, accommodations can be found to fit every budget. If upscale pampering is what you seek, Isla Verde offers luxurious beachfront resorts catering to the jet set wanting to be seen or wishing to have a quiet yet posh vacation. For vacationers seeking for more budget friendly accommodations, they’ll be surprised to find a nice variety of hotels and romantic intimate small inns, most a short walking distance to the beach.
Travel to Isla Verde, Puerto Rico
Airport in Carolina
The short distance and convenient access to the airport is one of the top reasons to vacation in Isla Verde. For those planning a weekend escape, time is really valuable, after arriving to Luis Munoz Rivera Airport (best known as the San Juan International), within minutes you could be sipping on a sumptuous Piña Colada at your hotel overlooking the turquoise colors of Isla Verde Beach.
Getting Around Isla Verde
Isla Verde is an easy vacation destination from the moment you arrive at SJU Airport; in just a 10 minute taxi ride, you’ll find yourself checking into your hotel or beachfront resort. Most of the hotels, beaches, best restaurants, lounges, casinos and entertainment are located along Isla Verde Avenue, everything is within walking distance if you don’t mind taking a little stroll.We encourage you to explore beyond Isla Verde Beach, so you can get to know Puerto Rico. For some attractions and activities, a taxi ride is more convenient. Some of the top attractions of the island are best explored with a car rental or by booking a tour.
Rent a Car & Drive Around
Ride the Bus
Bus routes run through Isla Verde to and from the airport and San Juan. Riding the bus may not be the most convenient method to get around, but it is by far the cheapest. It just may be a viable option for travelers wanting to minimize costs. More information about bus routes in the greater San Juan tourism areas.
Bicycling in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico
Tourist Information & Services
Isla Verde is a tourist friendly destination where visitors can have easy access to pharmacies, hospitals and the safety of a nearby police station just in case you may need those services during your stay. The map below includes locations, addresses and phone numbers for your convenience.