The east coast is the most popular resort destination offering luxurious hotels, golf courses, spas, business centers and special events facilities. If you stay on the east coast you will have easy access to many tours offered to the offshore cays, El Yunque Rainforest, the Fajardo Bio Bay and the ferry terminal which can take you to the beautiful islands of Vieques & Culebra for a wonderful day trip.
St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort - Re-Opening 10/1/18
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, one of the top luxury resorts in Puerto Rico, a lush romantic sanctuary for those seeking a true getaway in the Caribbean in an exclusive location. The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort has been awarded with the Gold Signature Santuary certification by Audubon International and the first AAA Five Diamond in Puerto Rico. The resort is set between El Yunque's National Rainforest and 2 miles of sandy beach along the Caribbean Sea. Some of the luxurious features are butler service, Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course, the pampering Remède Spa, Jean-Georges' acclaimed cuisine, and the pampering pool esplanade. The children can explore and play at The Iguana Children's Club at The St. Regis Bahia Beach.
- Highlights: Complimentary Wi-Fi, 24 hour athletic club, Roberto Trent Jones Jr. Golf Course, Spa, Butler Service, Tennis Courts, Aquatics Center, Nature Trails and more. The Iguana Children's Club (ages 4-12), babysitting services available. Wedding Venues & Meeting Spaces.
- Rates: from $549
- Location: Rio Grande - State Road 187 kilometer 4.2, Rio Grande, PR, 00745 - Tel: 787-809-8000
El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - Taking reservations for after 8/31
El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is much more than a resort, it is truly a destination on its own. Guests can enjoy an array of exciting experiences without ever leaving the resort. El Conquistador has five villages offering modern comfortable guest rooms, suites and casitas. El Conquistador is set on hillside with fantastic views of ocean, offshore islands and cays. Guests have access free access to Palomino Island with a pristine beach, restaurant, watersports, horseback riding and seaside relaxing massage treatments. Families with children can have a blast at Coqui Water Park. El Conquistador features seven pools, on-site shops, 23 restaurants from casual to luxurious dining experiences. Guests can book a number of excursions near the resort. The challenging golf course designed by Arthur Hills features 18 holes and a par of 72 on a serene setting with breathtaking views of the rainforest and the ocean. El Conquistador is very diverse, with spaces for everyone from family friendly, to quiet and romantic, to business ready.
- Highlights: Luxurious full service spa, family friendly fun activities, seven pools, golf course, 23 restaurants, Palomino Island access, watersports, wedding venues, meeting spaces.
- Rates: from $159 - Vacation Packages available including All-Inclusive Deals.
- Location: Las Croabas, Fajardo - 1000 El Conquistador Avenue, Fajardo, Puerto Rico, 00738 - Tel: 787-863-1000
Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham - Re-Opening 3/1/18
Experience the new and cool Margaritaville® at Wyndham Rio Mar. Located inside Wyndham Grand® Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, visitors can enjoy comfortable accommodations with choices among studios, 1 and 3 bedroom with marvelous ocean or mountain views. Accommodations include full or mini-kitchens and bar area stocked with Frozen Concoction Maker®.
Guests can enjoy all the offering from Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, featuring a 1 mile long beach, casino, spa, golf course, pools, teen lounge, water fun for the whole family at the pool, fitness center and more. When Margaritaville's tunes call, head over to the hammock, hot tub or swim up bar for a salty Margarita or LandShark Lager.
- Highlights: Swim up bar, casino, spa, golf course, It's Five of Clock Somewhere Bar. Comfortable modern studios & 1 and 3 bedroom suites.
- Rates: from $139
- Location: Rio Grande - 6000 Rio Mar Boulevard , Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745 - Tel: 787-888-6000
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa - Re-Opening 3/1/18
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a 500 acre resort on the east coast of Puerto Rico, offering guest rooms and suites nestled between the rainforest and sea. Guests can spend days relaxing on a secluded golden sand beach, outdoor pool, pampering spa and playing at the on site casino, two golf courses, tennis courts. Resort features 10 restaurants and lounges. Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa offers wedding venues and conference spaces. Family friendly features include spacious guest rooms and suites, children's pool, fun water slide and Iggy's Teen Lounge.
- Highlights: Family friendly resort, lagoon style pool, casino, 10 restaurants, full service spa, 2 golf courses, nearby excursions.
- Rates: $159
- Location: Rio Grande - 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Río Grande, PR 00745 - Tel: 787-888-6000
Gran Melia Puerto Rico Golf Resort - Opening November 1, 2018
Gran Melia Puerto Rico Golf Resort is set in a secluded location on Coco Beach is just a half hour from San Juan Airport featuring a lagoon style pool, spa, golf course, tennis courts and gym. Children can enjoy activities at the Kid's Club and watersports on the beach. Suites feature views of the ocean, rainforest and golf course. Activities include tennis, water aerobics, yoga, volleyball, salsa and merengue lessons, non-motorized water sports ($), live music.
- Highlights: Beachfront hotel (Coco Beach), all junior suite hotel. Spa & World-class 18 hole championship course, more golf courses nearby. Car and bike rentals available at hotel, airport transfer ($). Free Wi-Fi in some public areas.
- Rates: from $119 (check Priceline.com below)
- Location: Coco Beach, Rio Grande - 200 Coco Beach Blvd. Highway 955-I , Río Grande, 00745 - Tel: 787-809-1770
Keep Exploring Puerto Rico
- Home - Puerto Rico
- Best Vacation Destinations in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Flag
- Puerto Rico Islands
- Puerto Rico Attractions
- Puerto Rico Beaches
- Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Culebra, Puerto Rico
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Hotels & Resorts in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Facts