The Culebra Airport, formally called Benjamín Rivera Noriega Airport, is located on the south west side of the island facing the beautiful Ensenada Honda harbor.
This page provides general information about the airport, if you’re looking for Culebra flights click here.
Culebra Airport Codes
- IATA: CPX
- ICAO: TJCP
- FAA LID: CPX
Currently four commercial airlines offer flights to the offshore Puerto Rican island of Culebra. For more information on flights to Culebra and a map of servicing airports, visit our Flights to Culebra page.
Culebra Airport Facilities
- Inside the Culebra airport you’ll find commercial flights booths where you can book your tickets.
- You can enjoy a good cup of coffee and snacks.
- Information on tour guides, transportation and hotels are posted on an information wall.
A Little History
Benjamín Rivera Noriega was opened in 1957 by the United States Marine Corps as a military airport. The Puerto Rican government began flying civilians from San Juan to Culebra with a Legislative compensation. The first passenger terminal was inaugurated in October 1976 after the Navy protests. The airport’s 80 acres were transferred to the Puerto Rico Ports Authority in 1980.
The airport of Culebra was originally built as a military airport by the United States Marine Corps, opening in 1957. In 1965, the government of Puerto Rico started flying civilians from San Juan, the capital city of Puerto Rico, to the island with a Legislative compensation.
Since then, a new terminal for passengers was created in 1994 and the name of the airport was changed to Benjamin Rivera Noriega in honor of a pilot recognised in the community for his services to the people of Culebra.
Basic Airport Facts
- The Culebra Airport covers an area of 15 acres with one one runaway measuring 2,600 by 50 feet. Due the short length of the runway commercial airlines are limited to air taxi service using propeller aircraft with 10 seats or less.
- Latitude: 18-18-46.616 N
- Longitude: 65-18-13.969 W
- Elevation: 49 ft.
Map - Benjamin Rivera Noriega Airport (CPX)Culebra, Puerto Rico
About Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico ⎜ Isla Verde Puerto Rico ⎜ Culebra, Puerto Rico ⎜ Vieques, Puerto Rico ⎜ Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico ⎜ Dorado, Puerto Rico ⎜ Fajardo, Puerto Rico ⎜ Guanica, Puerto Rico ⎜ Isabela, Puerto Rico ⎜ Lajas, Puerto Rico ⎜ Mayaguez, Puerto Rico ⎜ Ponce, Puerto Rico ⎜ Rio Grande, Puerto Rico ⎜ Rincon Puerto Rico