Captivating from the moment you see it from the road…. As you drive through the winding roads of Guanica along the coast, you’ll see this pretty small beach cove framed by limestone cliffs and green mountains of dry forest.
As you relax on your beach chair enjoy scenic views of the hills of Guanica and cliffs across the water. Playa Jaboncillos is a nice little beach to bring your lounge chair to relax, do a little snorkeling if the water is calm and if you come during the week during the winter months you may have the beach to yourself.
Overview & Facilities
- Nice little beach to relax when there are no crowds
- Scenic spot for photographers
- We haven’t seen any tourists in the area, mostly locals with kids.
- Playa Jaboncillo offers a gazebo for family picnics, please bring your own trash bags and take your trash with you and keep our beaches clean and beautiful.
- Not the best for swimming, only a few spots with shallow water, most of the beach bottom is covered with grass.
- The road leading to it is a dirt road, we have seen many cars make it down and back up without problems but if you wan to be on the safe side, unless you have a 4 wheel drive you may want to park at the side of the road on the entrance.
- No bathrooms or lifeguards.
If you’re facing the water, to the far left is mostly rocky and you can do a little snorkeling depending on the whether and time of year the water may be rough, swim with care. There are various shallow spots at the beach safe for swimming, there are no lifeguards at this beach, so please supervise your children at all times.
Map Location of Playa Jaboncillo, Guanica – Porta del Sol Region, Puerto Rico
Keep Exploring Puerto Rico
About Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico ⎜ Isla Verde Puerto Rico ⎜ Culebra, Puerto Rico ⎜ Vieques, Puerto Rico ⎜ Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico ⎜ Dorado, Puerto Rico ⎜ Fajardo, Puerto Rico ⎜ Guanica, Puerto Rico ⎜ Isabela, Puerto Rico ⎜ Lajas, Puerto Rico ⎜ Mayaguez, Puerto Rico ⎜ Ponce, Puerto Rico ⎜ Rio Grande, Puerto Rico ⎜ Rincon Puerto Rico