Guanica is a beach town for nature lovers and those wishing to feel from the hustle and bustle. Guanica offers various attractions for eco-travelers and beach lovers with a feeling of being tucked away from crowds. Guanica is the home to the Guanica Dry Forest, designated by the United Nations as part of the World Biosphere Reserve. The nature reserve offers 14 trails where you can hike, see 1000 year old trees, 700 types of plants and hundreds of birds. Some trails lead to breathtaking views, so be sure to bring your camera.
Spend at day at the small offshore island of Cayo Aurora (Gilligan’s Island) with glass like waters perfect for children, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking through mangrove channels.
- Location: Guanica is on the southwest of the island east of Lajas.
- Land Area: About 53 square miles.
- Hymn: América es jardín del mundo
- Locals are known as: Guaniqueños
- Tourism Information Office: 787-821-4343, 787-821-0092. Address: July 25 th St. right in front of the plaza