Puerto Rico > Puerto Rico Destinations > Guanica Puerto Rico
A charming seaside town with quiet beaches, world class scuba diving and home to United Nations World Biosphere Reserve
Puerto Rico is one amazing place in the Caribbean. For the first time visitor, it’s really surprising how a small island can have such diversity, the municipality of Guanica is one of those unique places. You don’t hear much about Guanica on popular travel magazines or television channels, those that love the pleasures that Guanica offers, want to keep it that way. This charming town is quiet, relaxed, and uncrowded, giving visitors an authentic Puerto Rico small town experience without crowds, but with plenty of rich natural treasures the entire family will enjoy exploring. Couples seeking for seclusion will reconnect in Guanica’s hiking trails, free of crowds, leading to breathtaking scenic spots.
Visitor’s Guide to Guanica, Puerto Rico
More coming soon, we are updating our Guanica guide
Quick Facts about Guanica, Puerto Rico
- Location: Guanica is on the southwest of the island east of Lajas.
- Land Area: About 53 square miles.
- Hymn: América es jardín del mundo
- Locals are known as: Guaniqueños
- Tourism Information Office: 787-821-4343, 787-821-0092. Address: July 25 th St. right in front of the plaza